Obstretrics & Gynaecology Speciality Clinic
Our Gynecology Clinic in Chennai, is equipped with modern facilities and is manned by the best women medical specialist in the field. We also offer laparoscopy surgeries for gynaecological diseases, dysmenorrhoea and infertility problems.
Gynaecology is the medical practice dealing with the health of the female reproductive system (uterus, vagina, and ovaries).it deals with women’s complaints – gynaecological diseases, fertility, pregnancy, contraception, etc
The main conditions dealt with by a gynaecologist are:
- Amenorrhea (absent menstrual periods)
- Dysmenorrhoea (painful menstrual periods)
- Menorrhagia (heavy menstrual periods)
- Prolapse of pelvic organs
- Infections (including fungal bacterial, viral, and protozol)
Some of the more common operations that gynaecologists perform include:
- Dilation and curettage (removal of the uterine contents for various reasons, including partial miscarriage and dysfunctional uterine bleeding refractive to medical therapy)
- Hysterectomy (removal of the uterus)
- Oophorectomy (removal of the ovaries)
- Tubal ligation
- Diagnostic laparoscopy- used to diagnose and treat sources of pelvic and abdominal pain; perhaps most famously used to provide definitive diagnosis of endometriosis.
- Exploratory laparotomy – may be used to investigate the level of progression of benign or malignant disease, or to assess and repair damage to the pelvic organs.
- Various surgical treatments for urinary incontinence, including cystoscopy and sub-urethral slings.
- Surgical treatment of pelvic organ prolapse, including correction of cystocele and rectocele.
- Appendectomy – often performed to remove site of painful endometriosis implantation and/or prophylactically (against future acute appendicitis) at the time of hysterectomy or Cesarean section. May also be Performed as part of a staging operation for ovarian cancer.
- Cervical Excision Procedures (including cryosurgery) – removal of the surface of the cervix containing pre-cancerous cells which have been previously identified on Pap smear.
For more information about Gynaecological Disease Treatment in Chennai | Infertility Clinic Chennai, Tambaram | Gynaecology Specialist Chennai | Gynaecology Hospital in Chennai | Gynaecology Doctor in Chennai | Dysmenorrhoea Treatment in Chennai visit COSH Hospital.