It is the specialty that deals with diseases of the lungs and the respiratory tract. It is called chest medicine and respiratory medicine.
Chest medicine is not a specialty in itself but is an inclusive term which pertains to the treatment of diseases of the chest and contains the fields of pulmonology, thoracic surgery and intensive care medicine. Pulmonology is concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of lung diseases, as well as secondary prevention.
The Centre of treatment for pulmonary hypertension in chennai and critical care medicine at COSH Hospital has world-renowned pulmonologists for hi-end quality care and expertise in a range of respiratory conditions and pulmonary disorders. We searchable in chest clinic hospital, pulmonologist, chest specialist doctor.
Physical diagnostics are as important as the other fields of medicine.
- Inspection of the hands for signs of cyanosis or clubbing, chest wall, and respiratory rate.
- Palpation of the cervical lymph modes, trachea and chest wall movement.
- Percussion of the lung fields
- Auscultation (with a stethoscope) of the lung fields
Other tools include:
- Laboratory investigation of blood (blood tests)
- Chest X-rays, CT scanning, MRI scanning
Dr. Senthil Kumar – DTCD.DNB.FCCP.
Dr. Karthick – MBBS.,MD(PULM.MED),DNB,IDCCM.,FACI.
Dr. Balaji – MBBS.,MD.