Cancer Hospital – Oncology Treatment
Medical Oncology is the non-surgical management of malignant disease, using systemic therapy (chemotherapy, hormone therapy and biological agents), whilst Clinical Oncology utilizes both radiotherapy and systemic therapy in the treatment of malignant disease. We searchable in cancer specialist doctors, oncologists, cancer hospital, cancer treatment in chennai
A medical oncologist is a doctor who manages patients with cancer. They coordinate all chemotherapy required and often direct a multidisciplinary team involved in the care of cancer patients.
Medical Oncology (MO) communicates the results of clinical and experimental research in oncology and hematology, particularly with experimental therapeutics with the field of immunotherapy and chemotherapy. It also provides state-of-the-art reviews on clinical and experimental therapies in oncology and hematology. Topics covered include immunobiology, pathogenesis, and treatment of malignant tumors.
- Covers clinical and experimental research in oncology and hematology
- Focuses on experimental therapeutics in the field of immunotherapy and chemotherapy
- Coverage includes immunobiology, pathogenesis, and treatment of malignant tumors
Oncology is a branch of medicine that deals with tumors (cancer).
Oncology is concerned with:
- The diagnosis of any cancer in a person
- Therapy (e.g. Surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy & other modalities)
- Follow-up of cancer patients after successful treatment
- Palliative care of patients with terminal malignancies
- Ethical questions surrounding cancer care
- Screening efforts:- of populations, or – of the relatives of patients (in types of cancer that are thought to have a hereditary basis, such as breast cancer)
Dr. Srinivasa Krishnan – MD., (Senior Consultant Clinical & Radiation Oncology)