The Department of Gastroenterology has a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach for disorders of the liver, bile ducts, gallbladder and pancreas. The gastroenterologists, interventional endoscopists, radiologists, GI hepatobiliary and transplant surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists, work together to design a personalized diagnostic and therapeutic plan for each patient.
The Department of Gastroenterology is comprised of the following services and areas of speciality:
- Gastroenterology / Hepatology.
- Liver Centre.
- Centre for Biliary and Pancreatic Disorders.
- Centre for Luminal Disorders.
- Center for Swallowing and Oesophageal Disorders.
- Gastrointestinal Haemostasis.
- Cancer Detection and Palliation unit.
- Paediatric Gastroenterology.
- Intensive Care Services.
- Tele-medicine and Tele-education services.
Dr. Gnanasekaran – Gastro Surgeon.