Head Injury Clinic
Head injury refers to trauma to the head. This may or may not include injury to the brain. Common cause of head injury is motor vehicle traffic collisions, home and occupational accidents, falls and assaults. Bicycle accidents are also a common cause of head injury-related to death and disability, especially among children. We searchable in neurology clinic hospital in chennai, neurologist, neuro specialist doctors in chennai.
Providing the best neuro treatment for both operative and nonoperative management of disorders that affect the central and peripheral nervous systems.
- Skull fracture
- Lacerations to the scalp and resulting hemorrhage of the skin
- Traumatic subdural hematoma, a bleeding below the dura mater which may develop slowly
- Traumatic extradural or epidural hematoma, bleeding between the dura matter and the skull
- Traumatic subarachnoid hemorrhage
- Cerebral contusion, a bruise of the brain
- Concussion, a temporary loss of function due to trauma
- Dementia puglistica, or “punch-drunk syndrome”, caused by repetitive head injuries, for example in boxing or other contact sports
- A severe injury may lead to a coma or death
- Shaken Baby Syndrome – a form of child abuse some patients with head trauma stabilize and other patients deteriorate. A patient may present with or without neurologic deficit.
Dr. Raghavendran – MBBS., MCH., FCNS(USA)
Dr. Jayaprakash – Neuro Surgeon.