Oncology is a branch of medicine that deals with tumors (cancer).
Oncology is concerned with:
- The diagnosis of any cancer in a person
- Therapy (e.g. Surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy & other modalities)
- Follow-up of cancer patients after successful treatment
- Palliative care of patients with terminal malignancies
- Ethical questions surrounding cancer care
- Screening efforts:- of populations, or – of the relatives of patients (in types of cancer that are thought to have a hereditary basis, such as breast cancer)
Dr. Srinivasa Krishnan – MD.,RD.
Dr. Saravanan – DNB.,MRCS.,MCH.